10. Good singers are good singers. Rob Tomas and Alanis are freaking good singers.
9. Anything can happen live anywhere!! (Video screens not working, people rushing the stage). Things Happen!
8. Even at the best concerts, people start milling or walking out when there is a lull. Think of the people that start to walk out of your church as the closing song begins. (For North Point and campuses – people like to get to their cars early) It happened to all three of the bands.
7. If you use video screens for your backdrop of your service….
– USE SOLID COLORS and change them up. Very powerful with lights.
6. If you use video screens for your backdrop of your service….
– Incorporate Black. so the screens don’t get diluted with something ALWAYS showing. Black (nothing on the screens) is a very POWERFUL tool so you can make a punch when you want EVERYTHING in – (say on a Chorus).
5. People do not like to stand behind me in a concert.
4. Bison Burger is GOOD.
3. Image Mag is a GOOD THING.
2. White spandex does not work on ANYBODY! Even from 100 yards out!
1. No matter how great your musicians are – if they are going through the funnel of a BAD AUDIO MIX then they sound mediocre, bland and boring. Mutemath and Alanis’s band were short changed because of HORRIBLE mixes. Brutal. It’s good Alanis had some hits that we could hold onto. She was amazing. Matchbox 20 sounded incredible!